One day I decided to bake something sweet. You know, one of those days… It’s kind of every day for me, but it’s ok. I didn’t know what I would like to bake, but I thought I will have a look for some ideas on Instagram or Pinterest. I looked in my cupboards what ingredients I have and I spotted a can of coconut milk. And it hit me, there was one thing that I really really wanted to do for a long time – chocolate mousse made with coconut cream (that thick part of coconut milk). And here it is. Without even thinking my brain came up with the recipe to try – no bake tart with chocolate-coconut mousse. I actually like no-bake sweets, I used to do amazing (or I just think like that) no-bake New York-style cheesecake, or maybe it’s because I am very bad at baking, who knows.
I don’t want you to think that this tart is very hard to make. Absolutely not. Have you ever tried making a cheesecake crust or those very popular now little energy balls? You know that they do not require a lot of ingredients or your energy and time, and what’s best – you can use whatever you want – oats, buckwheat, coconut flakes, your favourite nuts or just digestive biscuits. It’s all up to you and your taste. Seriously.
In this recipe, I used barley as the main ingredient for the crust. I would’ve used oats, but a few weeks ago I was looking for the best-priced (yeah, cheapest) oats in all of my local shops, but barley was actually cheaper so I went for it. It’s good to add something different to your diet once in a while. But feel free to use anything you like!
Also, WARNING, this recipe is high in calories – coconut milk, peanut butter, coconut oil, sweetener, and chocolate. True calorie and sugar bomb. I think you can adjust something to make it a bit better for your diet, but… I believe that we put too much pressure and negativity on the food that we consume, and I really try to heal myself from that, so once I do something, I try not to think about calories and other stuff. Sorry for that.
Are you ready to sweeten up your day?
Here’s what we need:
For the crust:
1 cup barley flour (just blend the barley)
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp milled flax seeds
1 tbsp nut butter (I used Meridian roasted peanut butter)
1 tbsp sweetener (I used Lithuanian honey)
2 tbsp coconut oil
For chocolate filling:
1 can of coconut milk (we use only creamy part)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp nut butter
1 tbsp sweetener (I used Lithuanian honey)
1 bar of dark chocolate
Here’s how we do it:
- Blend your barley, oats or whatever you decided to use. I like it to leave it with a little bit bigger pieces, not fully blended. But it’s up to you. Once you blend it – add remaining ingredients – coconut flour, milled flax seeds, nut butter, melted coconut oil, sweetener and blend it all together. It should be quiet sticky mixture. If it’s too dry – don’t be afraid to add a little bit more coconut oil and nut butter.
- Once everything is perfectly mixed – transfer to a baking tray. Spread it all over the pan, press it well and leave it in a freezer to chill.
- Now it’s time for filling – take just the creamy part of coconut milk, coconut oil, sweetener, melted dark chocolate bar, nut butter and blend everything until smooth. How easy is that?
- Take out your crust from the freezer and pour your chocolate filling over it. Spread it evenly.
- And the last part – top it up with chocolate sprinkles (or roughly chopped chocolate), coconut, peanuts or other things of your choice. Leave it in the fridge for at least an hour (no kidding, coconut oil does a really good job in firming everything super quick) and then enjoy!
If you’re still reading – thank you very much!
If you have any questions – text, comment, call, or send an email to me. I am all yours. If you try the recipe – let me know how what you think!
I am happy that you’re here with me. I love you and everything is going to be ok. Sometimes it’s hard to find happiness every day, but sometimes happiness is in small things – like making a full chocolate tart for yourself. Let’s find the light together!
Remember to be kind to yourself.
I created a simple yet functional digital MONTHLY PLANNER that includes a minimalist to-do list, and daily, weekly and monthly pages. This planner is designed to help you better manage and plan your time and provide you with a better overview of what is ahead in the coming weeks.
It is an undated planner so you can reuse it forever.
Leave a Reply