So one day I was craving for something sweet and chocolaty and fluffy and nice, you know what I mean… And I remembered one Lithuanian dessert – it is made with condensed milk, butter, cacao or chocolate and lots of biscuits or crackers, sometimes nuts nuts. Very similar to rocky road here in England but we are calling it ‘’Lazy man/lazy person’’.
Me and my mum used to make it when I was very young. I don’t know if you will understand me, but some certain food reminds me of some parts of my life. Once I make it, eat it or smell it brings me to old times, reminds me of people and shared moments that are a part of me right now. And I think it’s beautiful. It’s amazing how little things in life, that you don’t even think of, like cooking with your mum, creates cosy memories and calming feelings.
Anyway, so I searched for the recipe, adjusted the ingredients that I have and viola recipe is here! The only mistake I made – I used dark chocolate which doesn’t contain any sugar or sweetener. So it’s not sweet at all and that’s a shame, but it will go well with sweet coffee or yogurt. But go for a chocolate that has at least a little bit of sweetness if you want it to be a dessert.
Here’s what we need:
1 can coconut milk (that creamy one)
1 full chocolate bar
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp any nut butter (I used my favourite Meridian rich roast smooth peanut butter)
150 g of any biscuits you like (I used Mc Vitie’s Rich Tea Biscuits)
Here’s how we do it:
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil. I melted it in a microwave, I always do that, it’s quick and easy (to burn), but you can do it any way you like.
- Once chocolate is melted – add coconut milk creamy part and nut butter and vanilla extract and cinnamon in the same bowl and mix it well.
- Get ready another bowl – crush the biscuits with your hand in a small pieces and leave it there.
- When your biscuits are ready – pour chocolate mixture over the biscuits and mix everything very well (you can eat a few spoons of the mixture now).
- Get ready a baking tray with parchment paper and pour all sweet mixture over it. Spread evenly and leave it in the fridge overnight or at least for a few hours and then enjoy it with hot drink, yogurt or berries.
I think you understood already but I will say – this is not a diet, paleo, keto, gluten free, sugar free, nut free or other dietary needs filling dessert. That is a full fat, sweet and high carb pudding version. But you can always adjust it for yourself. Like next time I think I would prefer using oat biscuits instead of the ones I used. But I will enjoy this dessert for a few days. I hope you will make it as well and let me know how it went.
Thank you for being here with me! Have a wonderful day!