I LOVE PIZZA! Silly me, who doesn’t love pizza? Everyone does! That lightly burned crust and delicious moist toppings are the best combo in this world. Don’t you agree? And if it’s on Friday with a movie – it is even better… But I find it really difficult to find healthier, vegan and gluten free option on a market and the only way to get my pizza was to make it myself.
After some research and testing I found that sweet potato pizza crust is DA BEST. Honestly I didn’t expect that but here we go – big things happens when you least expect (she says). It is easy to make and you have an option to choose your toppings – veggies, legumes, cheese, fruits or whatever you want. Perfect!
Here is what we need:
1 large cooked sweet potato (it should be around 1 full heaping cup)
¾ cup brown rice flour
3 tbsp tapioca flour
2 flax ‘’eggs’’ (2 tbsp milled flax seeds + 5 tbsp water and leave it for 10 mins to thicken)
1 tsp baking powder
a little bit of salt
optional – seasoning of your choice (I added garlic powder and oregano because I love it very much)
Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat oven to
- In bigger bowl mash your cooked sweet potato with a fork, add thickened flax ‘’eggs’’ and mix it up very well. Set aside.
- Let’s mix all dry ingredients – brown rice powder, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Don’t be afraid to add any spices of your choice – I normally put garlic powder and oregano – because I love it – but you can add whatever you like – smoked paprika, cumin, black pepper and all the others. It’s your pizza so adjust flavour for yourself.
- Once you whisk the dry ingredients together – add half of it to our wet ingredients and mix it with a fork. Then, add the rest of the dry ingredients and use your hand to knead the dough. The dough should be pretty moist but do not stick to your hands.
- Put the dough on a parchment paper cover up with another piece of parchment paper and roll it up until desired thickness.
- Take off one piece of paper and pop the crust into the oven for 10 minutes.
- After that flip your pizza crust on another piece of parchment paper and add the toppings of your choice. Be creative! What would you like to have on your pizza? Tomato sauce or BBQ sauce or maybe hummus? Tomatoes, broccoli, olives, spinach or kale, chickpeas, onions, beans, red or yellow pepper… Whatever you like or have in the fridge. Pop in the oven for another 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Crazy easy to make and absolutely amazing taste! Healthy, packed with veggies and delicious pizza with sweet potato crust!